Worldwide Marquette Spirit Day
YOU are Marquette!
Marquette fans across the world rang out Ahoya on National Marquette Day, Feb. 15. From 79 international game-watching sites to thousands of social media conversations, Marquette students, alumni and friends turned out in force to cheer on Marquette men's basketball as they bested Xavier. Marquette women's basketball also beat Xavier on National Marquette Day, while men's and women's lacrosse fought away-matches on the East Coast.
Friday, February 14
Whether at home, in the office or in the classroom, share your love for Marquette on Valentine's Day with a photo that shows how YOU are Marquette.
Top 2 Reasons Why You Should Participate:
1. The chance to win Marquette Spirit Shop gift cards
Submit a photo* of your Marquette spirit on the Marquette University Alumni Association Facebook page or use #MUDay14 on Twitter or Instagram to be entered for the opportunity to win one of two $75 Marquette Spirit Shop gift cards.
2. Special discounts at the Alumni Memorial Union Brew Bayou
Stop by the Alumni Memorial Union Brew Bayou in your blue and gold gear for a 22 percent discount on all drip coffee and baked goods in honor of the 22nd anniversary of National Marquette Day.
*All photo submissions will be posted into a Facebook photo album once the submission period (Friday, February 14 – Saturday, February 15, 2014) has ended. All photos must be in good taste and will be reviewed prior to being posted online. The winners will be announced on or before Friday, February 21, 2014.
Click here for a complete list of contest rules.
Excellence in action
On National Marquette Day, we celebrate what it means to say, "We are Marquette!" Here are just a few examples of how our students and alumni pursue excellence every day:
- “Murray’s Problem” – A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel special report
- Miami HEAT’s Dwyane Wade makes gift to Marquette University to enhance literacy for inner-city children
- Dean Lori Bergen named to Poynter national advisory board
- Chronicle of Higher Education – Catholic Colleges Greet an Unchurched Generation
- After 40 years, Marquette’s Jesuits get a new home: Groundbreaking ceremony follows successful $15 million fundraising initiative
- Engineering students compete in RoboCup, the World Cup for robots
- JSOnline.com: Marquette team heads to RoboCup — the World Cup for robots
- JSOnline.com: Marquette University, Zablocki VA team up to boost care for veterans
- Marquette exercise science professor honored with two prestigious awards
- Marquette College of Communication students contribute to series focusing on health care for the poor and published in two news outlets
Marquette Men vs. VillanovaSaturday, February 21
BMO Harris Bradley Center
1:30 p.m. CT tipoff